Dr. Bishop Emeritus Nathaniel James Davis, Sr
(February 9, 1935 – May 10, 2021)
Bishop Davis was a kind, loving, caring person that reached out to everyone
regardless of who you were. A great man of God that is a legend in the history of
the P.A.W., of preaching the word of God
· Co-Founded with his Uncle Bishop Benjamin Thomas Moore, Sr., The
Bethel Christian Church of the Apostolic Faith, Inc., 200 24th Avenue South,
Seattle, Washington 98144, the First Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
Church planted in the Seattle Central, red-lined district in 1955. Bethel is the
founding church of the 17th Episcopal Diocese of the Pentecostal Assemblies of
the World, Inc., Pacific Northwest District Council.
· Founded the 56th Episcopal Diocese of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the
World, Inc. Alaska-Yukon District Council in Anchorage, Alaska
· Dedicated, Faithful, and Loyal Pastor for 37 years at Bethel Christian
Church, Seattle, WA
· Married January 2, 1957, to his wife of 64 years, Dr. Addie Bell Davis.
Together they successfully raised 13 children, seven boys, and six girls, in
Seattle, WA, and their children are faithful in the ministry as Bishops, District
Elders, Ministers, and Devoted to the work of God.
· Graduated from Triune Bible College with his BA, MA, and Ph.D. in
· Honorary Doctoral Degree from Aenon Bible College in Indianapolis, IN
· The successful Construction business in Seattle, WA, “Addies Creative
Crafts,” flipped houses in the ’70s.
· Civil Rights activists fought for justice everywhere for everyone.
· Founded the successful, thriving Bethel Academy for grades (K-9th)
grade. Many of these students are now lawyers, dentists, engineers, and very
successful in life.
· Business owner of the “Helping Hands Thrift Store” located at the
Promenade 23 in the Seattle Central District.
· Many churches all over the world have been established out of the Bethel
· Built a church from the ground up in Papua New Guinea
· Book Author “Believe God and He Will Work Out the Details!”
· Strategic Planner In the 1970s Paid off the church mortgage of $50,000 in
one year with his 300 church members; this was unheard of in these days to pay
off a mortgage so soon.
· Hosted at 7 pm each Sunday Night radio broadcast KBLE FM “Bethel
Christian Church Service.”
· Founded the “Seattle For JESUS!” Campaign
· He received numerous awards from across the city and country for his
work in the community of changing lives through preaching the gospel of Jesus
To send flowers to Bishop Nathaniel J. Davis, Sr.'s family, please visit our floral store.